The most advanced users often seem to possess super powers. Most often, their first secret weapon is the automation of tasks. On macOS, all users can let their Mac do the job for them. All you need to do is learn how to use Automator.
Automator interests you?
You can go further by discovering all its potential in my book «Automatisez sous Mac».
This book was written for Mac OS X and describes Automator from Mac OS X 10.7 and beyond.
It introduces you to the Automator application and its different uses. It is an essential reference if you want to discover this tool.
You will learn how to use the interface and different usage scenarios for Automator.
Simple examples illustrate how to use the actions provided with the system.
Many videos will show you in detail how to implement the various examples and the result you can expect.
Among the many topics covered in the book, you will find:
- Automator interface and construction of different types of processes;
- Latest updates related to OS X 10.10 Yosemite;
- For Yosemite, everything about the use of dictation commands OS X 10.10;
- The construction of services;
- The main actions available;
- The creation of printing modules to streamline your processing flows;
- Creating file actions to make processing as automatic as possible;
- the simple manipulation of databases;
- how to develop your processes and identify the main problems;
- Writing your own actions.
This book is the perfect companion to deepen your mastery of the Mac and its unique environment.